How long can you rent a blue bike for?
If I purchase a day pass, can I keep the bike until the same time that following day? No, your day pass provides you access to the system for a period of 24 hours. Your pass includes an unlimited number of rides of 45-minutes. For every ride longer than 45-minutes, extra charges of $2 per additional 30-minutes apply.
How do you ride the blue bikes in Boston?
It’s a fun, affordable and convenient transportation option for quick trips around town.
- Join. Become a member online, or buy a pass from any Bluebikes station kiosk or through the mobile app. …
- Unlock. Find an available bike nearby, and get a ride code or use your member key to unlock it. …
- Ride. …
How do you pay for a blue bike?
Visit any Bluebikes station and pay by debit or credit card. (Apple and Prepaid cards are not accepted.) Mobile: Download the Bluebikes app. Tap “Get a Pass,” then select the pass or membership you’d like to purchase and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do you use the blue bike app?
From the app
- Open the app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the closest station on the map screen. …
- A 5-digit ride code will appear; enter this on the dock of the bike you’d like to take out.
- Note: It is not possible to reserve or hold a bike at this time. …
- Enjoy your ride!
What happens if you leave a blue bike?
Monthly and annual members: the first 45 minutes of each ride are included in the membership price. If you keep a bike out for longer than 45 minutes at a time, you will be charged an extra $2.50 for each additional 30 minutes. Corporate members are also responsible for extra time fees.
How do I cancel my blue bikes account?
- Log into your account online here.
- Under Membership, you’ll see a list of your active memberships.
- Select ‘View Details’ alongside the membership you wish to stop auto-renewal.
- A pop-up will appear. …
- You will see a place to select a reason for cancelling. …
- Click Cancel Membership.
How much is a blue bike?
It’s only $10 for 24-hour Bluebikes access and includes unlimited 2-hour rides. If you keep a bike out longer than 2 hours at a time, it’s an extra $2.50 per additional 30 minutes.
Can you ride Bluebikes at night?
When riding at night, ensure that the lights illuminate automatically while your ride. Make sure you have enough power to complete your ride! To check the battery level, press the electric horn button and the remaining battery life will be displayed on the bike screen.
Do Bluebikes have helmets?
Information on Bike Helmets. It is strongly recommended that all Bluebikes riders to wear a helmet.
Are blue bikes free?
Pay $2 per ride and per bike.
Why did blue bikes charge 50 dollars?
If you keep a bike out for longer than 30 minutes at a time, there is an extra usage fee is $2.50 per additional 30 minutes. … For monthly and annual members, the first 45 minutes of each ride is included.
How do I get the Bluebikes key?
If you would like to receive a new bike key, you can submit a request via our contact form. You can purchase a new one through Customer Service for $10. You can then pick up your new key at a designated Bluebikes station kiosk with the ride code in an emailed receipt.